Friday, October 21, 2011

Fantasy Football Love/Hate for NFL Week 7


I think Bradford finally ends his
slump this week.

Week 7 Players I Love

Sam Bradford, StL QB: He just got Brandon Llyod which, I think, will make a big difference. We saw Brandon Lloyd's talent in Denver playing for Kyle Orton. Now he has Sam Bradford who, I believe, has a little more talent. Also, the Cowboys have allowed 14.6 points to opposing quarterbacks in fantasy. May I mention, the quarterbacks the Cowboys have played are the likes of Mark Sanchez, Alex Smith, and Rex Grossman; those quarterbacks don't really scream amazing to me. I could see about 275 yards, 2 touchdowns and a pick.

Matt Hasselbeck, Ten QB: Personally, I think Hasselbeck has been tons better than his ranking shows. This week Matt is playing a Houston D that is without Mario Williams, and I think Houston had one of the worst secondaries in the league before they lost him! I could see Hasselbeck going for 300 yards, and 2 touchdowns this week.

Carson Palmer, Oak QB: Carson just got traded to the Raiders earlier this week and I don't think the Raiders would've traded for him if he wasn't ready. He has emerging, underrated receivers in Darrius Heyward-Bey, Denarius Moore, and Jacoby Ford. Not to mention he's playing Kansas City; that says enough all by itself. I don't see monster numbers for Palmer, but he'll put up good numbers.

Jay Cutler, Chi QB: I never thought I would say this, but when cutler actually got protection, he looked really good! The O-line changes made by the Bears have really paid off, and now he's facing a Bucs D that has the 9th fewest sacks of any team in the NFL. I can see Cutler going for 250 yards and 2 touchdowns against the Bucs this week.

Darren Sproles and Mark Ingram, NO RB: Two words describe this, the Colts. Something tells me that New Orleans is just going to rip up the Colts with the passing game; in the first half. In the second half they're gonna run all over them, that's why I love Saints running backs. I could see Sproles going for 100 total yards and a TD, and I could see Ingram going for 75 with a couple of TDs.

Daniel Thomas, Mia RB: I love Thomas' matchup this week against a struggling Denver defense who allowed 196 yards against San Diego's running backs last week. Also, lets not forget week 1 when they allowed 27 fantasy points to Darren McFadden. I can see 80 yards and a couple of TDs for Thomas.

Montario Hardesty, Cle RB: I have no proof as to why a fill-in RB will have a great week, I just have a feeling that this dude goes off. This totally relies on if Peyton Hillis plays or not. If Hillis plays he's not gonna do squat, but if Hillis doesn't play, I can see 125 yards for Hardesty against a struggling Seahawks run D.

Earnest Graham, TB RB: Assuming LGB doesn't play again, Graham could be in line for another big performance. Last week he had a great game with 100 yards rushing, and I could see him doing it again.

Marques Colston, NO WR: Here's a few numbers: 26, 11, 30, 23, 44, 24. Those are the fantasy points the Colts have allowed to opposing receivers! The Colts are 4th worst against opposing receivers thus far this season. Here's another number: 89.3333333, that's his average yardage in games he's played in. I can see 100 yards and a TD for Colston this week.


Decker is scary! He's ripped up defenses
all season!

Eric Decker, Den WR: This guy is just a flat-out beast! Now that Brandon Lloyd is gone, he'll have even more chances! Also, may I say he's playing the Dolphins, yes, these are the same Dolphins that allow an average of 22.3 points to opposing receivers, and not to mention 46 to Patriots receivers in wk. 1! Huge day for Decker in store.


Greg Little, Cle WR: First of all to quote the Monkeys, "I'm a believer" in Colt McCoy, secondly he's playing the Seahawks, the Seahawks! 'Nuff said.

Steve Breaston, KC WR: The Chiefs are playing the Raiders this week, so I think there will be plenty of passing to go around which bodes well for Breaston who -- against poor pass defenses -- the past two weeks has combined for 141 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Brandon Pettigrew, Det TE: I like Pettigrew alot. He's Matthew Stafford's 2nd favorite option, He has a touchdown in two straight weeks, and I think he'll continue that streak.

New Orleans Saints, D/ST NO: See the Colts.



I love Tebow as a person;
just not sold on him as a player.

Week 7 Players I Hate:

Tim Tebow, Den QB: Come on! Just come on! This dude has only played 4 games at QB in the NFL, and yet everyone is ranking him in the top 10? It just doesn't seem right to put an unproven player that high. I don't see Tebow having more than 200 yards.

Matt Ryan, Atl QB: Most people don't realize it, but the Detroit Lions allow the 4th fewest points to opposing quarterbacks in the NFL. Not to mention, Matt Ryan was already struggling this season.

Chris Johnson, Ten RB: I'm still not sold on Chris Johnson because he hasn't proved anything! Whether he's playing Houston or not, if you can't run, you just can't run!

Steven Jackson, StL RB: The Cowboys have the number 1 run defense in the NFL; allowing the second fewest points to opposing running backs; and Jackson hasn't scored more than 11 fantasy points all season! Not a believer in S-Jax.

James Starks, GB RB: Starks hasn't scored double-digit fantasy points in 4 weeks; that's including a negative point performance. The Vikes have a horrible D, but a great run defense. Plus, just because the Packers are up doesn't mean they're gonna stop passing.

DeMarco Murray, Dal RB: Dallas' running game has not all been on their RBs, they can't run-block hardly at all. Plus, I'm not sure the Cowboys are completely sold on Murray yet, they still have Tashard Choice after all.

Plaxico Burress, NYJ WR: Let's face it, drop him!

Percy Harvin, Min WR: Two words, Charles Woodson.

Mike Williams, TB WR: See Johnson, Chris. I need to be shown something before I believe in him.

Anyone on the Broncos Offense Except Eric Decker: See Tebow, Tim

Any Saints Receiver except Marques Colston, Jimmy Graham, and Darren Sproles: Let's face it, Drew Brees just doesn't use his 2-4 WRs all that often. I don't think Lance Moore, Robert Meachem, or Devery Henderson are gonna do anything this week.

Jared Cook, TE, Titans: Texans (third fewest points to tight ends) are a bad matchup for Cook, who has yet to become fully integrated into the Titans' offense.


















No comments:

Post a Comment